Talk

Advanced search

Arts/crafts bits - online suppliers

(7 Posts)
TurquoiseTranquility Fri 07-Mar-14 18:04:53

Hi there,

I'm going to visit my family abroad at Easter and want to bring little prezzies for friends with kids. We're talking mostly girls aged between 18 months and 5 years. I thought arts supplies would go down well, the usual stuff- feathers, tissue paper, gems, lolly sticks, pom poms, googly eyes, etc. There isn't much stuff like that over there, I mean there's some but you have to look for it, it's probably expensive, and then the idea wouldn't necessarily cross one's mind :-) So I thought, get a large-ish bag of each, split between several people (3 to be precise, or 4 if I get to keep some too), job done.

I haven't really bulk bought crafts supplies before. There's so much of this stuff online - comparing all the prices/sizes would take me a week! So, who's your favourite supplier?

I'm looking to spend about £25 max.

TIA

IDugUpADiamond Fri 07-Mar-14 18:36:21

Baker Ross: www.bakerross.co.uk/

Some Amazon sellers that offer free delivery, e.g. www.amazon.co.uk/gp/browse.html?ie=UTF8&marketplaceID=A1F83G8C2ARO7P&me=A38K8C9FLWUV21

www.amazon.co.uk/gp/browse.html?ie=UTF8&marketplaceID=A1F83G8C2ARO7P&me=A31CCUGW5U6X3P

Argos: www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3846395.htm

IDugUpADiamond Fri 07-Mar-14 18:37:23

With Argos, you could actually buy 4 of those boxes for £30

TurquoiseTranquility Fri 07-Mar-14 18:44:21

Thanks! I've looked at Baker Ross, they do seem good value. Also I've just discovered a Yellow Moon catalogue in DS's book bag, they have a cashback deal with his school's PTFA. Will do a price comp between them and Baker Ross.
Didn't even think of Argos TBH... blush

Wouldn't want to go down Amazon/eBay route - would take me AAAAAGES to find everything I need from one supplier, there's no one bag size/weight, some charge postage some don't. At least when you deal with one big supplier you're only working with one size format. But thanks anyway!

TurquoiseTranquility Fri 07-Mar-14 18:44:46

right checking out Argos now!

574ejones Sat 08-Mar-14 09:56:08

Wilkinson have a range of that kind of stuff - I think, mainly kits though. The Entertainer also do - I bough a big tub full for about £5.

GemmaTeller Sat 08-Mar-14 21:58:15

The Works and Poundland have a lot of craft stuff - also I think The Works have 30% off online at the moment

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now