Talk

Advanced search

Up cycling ideas for cot bumpers?

(7 Posts)
DomesticGoddess31 Thu 27-Feb-14 15:58:07

I have a lovely cot bumper from Next which i've never used (got some airwraps instead) and they don't seem to sell for much 2nd hand. Anyone got any ideas what I could make put of it? Needs to be simple. I have a sewing machine but no sewing skills!

guccigirly Thu 27-Feb-14 22:49:29

I would sew it down one side and fill it with foam and make a draught excluder for the front door.

Piffyonarock Sun 02-Mar-14 23:44:36

I made mine into a height chart.

Bluecarrot Sun 02-Mar-14 23:47:26

Think I saw someone using them as a roll up playmat. Probably on Pinterest!

MiaowTheCat Mon 03-Mar-14 08:55:30

Could use the ties on it to put something like a set of bamboo canes in for rigidity and make it into a vertical hanging organiser if you appliquéd some pockets onto it. Depending on the design and if it's one that works vertically as well as horizontally of course.

Or split it into panels and adapt into fabric wall hangings if you get what I mean?

Ours just ended up at the charity shop (came free with the cot bed and never got used).

Oldraver Wed 12-Mar-14 21:40:14

I've used DS's as a liner for his dolls cot and pram. I was also going to use one as padding on a basic headboard but was a little too short

mrscumberbatch Thu 13-Mar-14 23:56:17

Dd's were from vertbaudet, I cut them into panels, rough sewed the edges and frames them.

They look lovely and they're nice and tactile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now