Talk

Advanced search

Amateur knitting question

(4 Posts)
CocoBandicoot Fri 14-Feb-14 19:36:54

Hi all,

I learned to knit about 6 months ago and having completed a few simple projects (scarves, hats, etc), I would now like to try a cardigan. I've found a pattern on Ravelry that I like the look of:

www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/mediterraneo

...but it's knit in stocking stitch, so won't it just curl like crazy? Or will that be counteracted by sewing all the parts together?

I know I could block it if it curls, but don't really want to do that every time I wash it! So just wanted to ask before I spend weeks knitting it.

TIA

PolterGoose Fri 14-Feb-14 20:26:44

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Aquelven Fri 14-Feb-14 20:33:14

Should be fine with those edgings, it's the bottom & cuffs that usually roll if they're straight stocking stitch without a garter stitch or ribbed edge.
You can substitute any DK yarn, cotton can be heavy & not very warm this weather. Of course if you're thinking of it bring finished for summer then that won't matter.

CocoBandicoot Fri 14-Feb-14 20:50:42

Thanks for the replies - glad that it should be ok.

I'm going to use a DK yarn, but that's only because I came across one I really liked - it hadn't even occurred to me that cotton would lose its shape and be heavy! So thank you both for the advice - I'll keep that in mind for future.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now