Talk

Advanced search

Scallopy border - quantities

(4 Posts)
alemci Fri 14-Feb-14 11:48:26

Hi

I've nearly finished my single blanket. I modelled it on the one Lucy made in the attic with a scallop border. my blanket is coming up larger than a single bed and contains 6 x 4 30cm squares. I am doing rows of treble crochet to finish it off. Probably 5 rows with the scallop border to finish. I am using roughly about a ball and a half to go round the borders.

The scallop edging involves 3 rows with 2 of chains and then the scallop bit. Has anyone done this and how many balls of wool please.

I feel I have kept running out and buying it on ebay and paying postage so I don't want to under order. I was thinking about 4 balls at the most as the chains would use less wool than the trebles?

thanks

alemci Sat 15-Feb-14 11:12:06

please

TheWoollybacksWife Sat 15-Feb-14 13:33:20

If a row of trebles (in every stitch?) takes a ball and a half then 4 balls for your scallop border ought to be enough. If you ordered 5 balls could you use the extra for another project? Hats or scarves perhaps.

I find crochet really surprising in terms of yarn use. Stuff you would think takes loads of yarn, ends up taking less and other times you run out before you get where you need to be grin <helpful>

alemci Sat 15-Feb-14 15:05:06

I know, thanks

I'm going to try on one square doing the 3 rows and then multiply by 30. I think the chain of 5 goes from each chain space across the 3 trebles.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now