Talk

Advanced search

Can someone recommend a nice paper for me please?

(13 Posts)
Esmummy Thu 01-Jun-06 09:31:53

I need some nice paper to print our Order of Service on for our wedding and am crap at this sort of thing, so wondered if anyone has any recommendations ?

Also, can I order it online ?

Esmummy Thu 01-Jun-06 09:46:26

Anyone ?

Whizzz Thu 01-Jun-06 09:52:32

Not many crafty bods around at mo ! I'm afraid I'mno expert on paper types
I'm sure someone will be along soon & talk knowledgably about paper weight & thickness !

Esmummy Thu 01-Jun-06 09:59:44

Thanks Whizzz
Am so useless with this sort of thing and no in the slightest bit crafty

Whizzz Thu 01-Jun-06 10:02:38

You can order all sorts of stuff on line by the way - once you know what you need!
Some on here have used this place
although there are loads more suppliers.

Esmummy Thu 01-Jun-06 10:30:07

Thanks Whizzz, will have a look at that.
Anyone around to help me ? Am thinking mulberry paper (or am I..... just seen the name and it sounds good) but there are so many different types

Esmummy Thu 01-Jun-06 12:07:50

bump

Whizzz Thu 01-Jun-06 15:52:06

Mulberry paper would not be that good for printing on (its really feathery) - I would suggest some sort of heavier weight paper. Do you want to print on it using a inkjet printer?? If so you would need one that would hold the ink

Whizzz Thu 01-Jun-06 15:56:47

I think you might need something like this sort of stuff or maybe thinner card if you want it to go through a printer.

cherryberry Thu 01-Jun-06 20:35:20

You could try Paperchase,they do some lovely paper.

JayzMummy Thu 01-Jun-06 21:21:37

Esmummy....do you mean paper for the inserts?

If so then try Staples for Conqueror concept/effects. It comes in packs of 50 A4 sheets and has a lovely pearlescent sheen to it which is great for Order of Service, wedding invitations etc.
Available in loads of colours too.

Californifrau Thu 01-Jun-06 21:43:55

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Esmummy Fri 02-Jun-06 18:34:05

Thats great thanks, I will try staples.
Yes it is for the inserts and being printed on a HP deskjet printer, have got access to a better printer but means I have to get into the office to use it and that will take me 30 mins.
Will go to staples tomorrow and see how it goes.
Thanks again

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: