Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Jellycat Bunny Clothes

(33 Posts)
Dumdeedumdeedum Tue 28-May-13 22:40:52

This morning DS (very nearly 2), looked at me with his head on one side and said "Rabbit clothes?" I stupidly said Rabbit doesn't have clothes, does she need some? "Yes". Right ho. A whole day of trawling the Internet has revealed nothing, nada, zip. Nobody on the net has any to sell or any patterns or tutorials for Jellycat toy clothes. This seems stupid to me as every kid in the world has one of these toys don't they? Anyway I digress.

I decided to try and make some; these bunnies are a very odd shape. Huge heads, no necks or shoulders and stupidly big paws! After 2 hours of drawing, cutting and sewing I have one sleeve (my first ever sleeve though!) set into a front and a back. And it didn't fit! Back to the drawing board tomorrow.

Anyone got any bright ideas for a top that will fit over a head 3 times bigger than a body without falling off?

amistillsexy Tue 28-May-13 22:46:35

Make a tabard style pinafore with velcro on one shoulder, so it fits round the neck but doesn't have to go over the head. Ties to tie front to back under each arm. Make it pretty and frilly, like a 1970's Laura Ashley number.

PourquoiPas Tue 28-May-13 22:53:52

I made a peasant dress esque thing for DS's bunny, elasticated neckline and sleeves. I pinned it on inside out first then sewed it and shirred the neck and sleeves.

I also made elasticated trousers and a top but apparently bunny loved the dress best!

christmasmum Tue 28-May-13 22:56:56

God, you're better mums than me! I just told my Dd that bunny has fur so doesn't need clothes, with an 'obviously' facial expression... Feeling guilty now!!

Dumdeedumdeedum Wed 29-May-13 14:24:19

*christmasmum& I would probably have done the same if we hadn't been having getting dressed tantrums lately. I'm hoping if bunny can get dressed too they might ease off a bit!

Dumdeedumdeedum Wed 29-May-13 16:56:47

Tonight's plan is to try making a shirt with a gathered neck...it's going to have to be very gathered though!

Could you make clothes with an open back that velcros up? DD had a Jellycat doll with a huge head and the clothes that came with it were like that. Just think of a shirt that fastens at the back with velcro and that's basically what they were like. HTH

BlueChampagne Thu 30-May-13 16:28:56

Knit something so it's stretchy? Or a Peter Rabbit style jacket - bet that's where the idea came from!

motherofvikings Sun 02-Jun-13 09:57:12

Dd has a small jelly cat rabbit. It came in a pinafore that has Velcro down the back. here

Does that help? smile

orderinformation Tue 04-Jun-13 19:54:10

I would get a big sock and cut a hole for head an holes at side for arms and maybe a ribbon round middle to make or a belt.

sushi13 Fri 24-Jun-16 19:52:08

we get our tiny bunny's clothes from the barbie outfits. she fits some perfectly but some are too tight. with the new barbies out, get the ones that are curvy to fit the bunny! for medium big size, we just use baby doll clothes which you can find about anywhere.

Jacquik1947 Mon 10-Jul-17 17:09:55

I make clothes for the Jellycat bunnies etc...new to this site so hope this gets to the right place...

hcdevon Fri 14-Jul-17 19:44:26

Ooo I just found this thread googling "jellycat clothes" Jacquik1947 do u sell online?

Jacquik1947 Fri 14-Jul-17 20:40:56

I haven't yet... but looking to see if there is any interest. At the moment I supply one small local shop or sell to friends..

SavoyCabbage Fri 14-Jul-17 20:42:42

Our Jellycat bunny is called Naked.

And the cat is called Cat Without a Hat.

Nossfluffyellie13 Sat 09-Sep-17 13:50:09

Jacquik1947 I'd be interested in buying some. Please let me know how I could go about it tia

Jacquik1947 Sat 09-Sep-17 14:06:12

Hi Tia...what size jellycats do you need them for?..I've never sold online but sure we could sort something out. Lately I've been making coats!

Nossfluffyellie13 Sat 09-Sep-17 17:02:39

Whao they look brilliant! My little girl's bunny started as a medium 30cm but she is very well used so has shrunk a bit now haha. She has a list for Santa so I'd be interested in buyin a few items, the most important being a dress. Thank you very much smile

opinionatedfreak Thu 14-Sep-17 08:21:06

I wrote a very basic cardigan pattern for the size 30cmanimals. The much loved animal in my life is Monkey. Rather unsurprisingly he is a monkey!

I think I put it on rav. If I get a chance I will look.

LilahRae Sat 23-Sep-17 08:40:21

Jacquik1947, these are amazing! You should definitely start an Etsy store online, I know loads of mums (and their kids of course) that would love these. I can't believe that Jelly Cat don't make clothes for their toys, like the original poster said, I have searched online and you are the only person I could find who makes them. Are you taking orders? I have a birthday coming up for one of my little girls and I would love to buy some clothes for her two jelly cat bunnies. Please let me know if you are taking orders online now! Gayle x

Jacquik1947 Sat 23-Sep-17 18:56:50

Hi Gayle...
I've not set up the store yet as I'm stocking up!
What size /colour bunnies do you have?..I could let you know what is available.

Nossfluffyellie13 Sat 23-Sep-17 19:36:08

Please let me know if you've anythin available that'll suit my girl's 30cm bunny smile

LilahRae Sat 23-Sep-17 22:53:13

Jacquik1947 we have two grey 30 cm bunnies and one white 30cm bunny (measured from head to toe). I would love to get a dress for each bunny (three dresses in total) or little jackets or both jackets and dresses if you have both available. Please can you let me know if you have anything suitable? And, if not, do you take commissions? Thank you x

Jacquik1947 Sun 24-Sep-17 08:53:00

Hi LilhRae...
I can have 3 dresses finished by the end of the week...I'll post you a photo and we can go from there. ...Jacqui1947

Nossfluffyellie13 Sun 24-Sep-17 11:04:35

Hi jacquik1947, are you able to see my messages?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now