Talk

Advanced search

The cheap shop - tiptree

(10 Posts)
GrassIsntGreener Mon 27-May-13 08:02:23

I know this is a pretty localised thing but apparently this is a well known shop. It's about an hours drive for me but only about 45 minutes from mums. I was thinking about driving to mums, picking her up then going to have a look.

Has anyone been? Is it really as amazing as I've heard? Are fabrics a good price? I know the name makes it sound rubbish but apparently it's fab!

Hanginggardenofboobylon Mon 27-May-13 08:13:35

It's an Aladdin's cave! Basically a haberdashery and craft shop with party supplies too. I have not bought fabric there but the cake supplies and party stuff was good value. I wouldn't say it's mega cheap but its a fab place to wander around, small but packed full.

Hanginggardenofboobylon Mon 27-May-13 08:18:10

Oh and there's a lovely garden centre called Perrywood nearby if you want something else to do while you are there, and of course the Jam factory/museumgrin

GrassIsntGreener Mon 27-May-13 10:02:14

Oh that's good thanks, would be worth doing extra in the area then. smile

blue2 Mon 27-May-13 10:05:12

I've just had a look at their website - it looks great.

However, its early closing on a Wednesday - be warned!

neverputasockinatoaster Mon 27-May-13 21:55:21

The Cheap shop was my idea of heaven when I was a child. My grandparents lived in Tiptree and whenever I stayed with them it was a 'must do' visit.

LatteLady Mon 27-May-13 22:23:28

Go.. awful name but it is a great shop... really good choice of fabrics smile

CouthyMow Tue 28-May-13 04:04:00

I love it! I can't wait for July when the DC's are with their Dad's, so that I can catch the bus there.

Madamecastafiore Tue 28-May-13 04:29:09

It's fab. My DCs love a wander round the cheap shop.

Park in Tesco just down the road and walk up.

Madamecastafiore Tue 28-May-13 04:30:27

Perry woods nicer for food and sorry jam museum but perry woods is damn site cleaner too.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: