Talk

Advanced search

Fun craft ideas for the under 5s..

(7 Posts)
Hesi Thu 23-May-13 20:08:29

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone could help.. I've been given the task of organising a craft day/ project for a 4 year old, a 2 year old and a 6 month old this weekend AND it's got to be something that the rest of the family can help with too. (We've got aunties, uncles, parents, grandparents and in-laws involved!)

Any useful sites, threads or ideas? We're all a pretty crafty lot BUT don't want anything too messy.. So a bit of colouring, cutting and sticking is good but no paints.

I'd really appreciate any help or suggestions or even a combination of activities that would keep everyone entertained!

Fuckwittery Thu 23-May-13 20:28:59

I would go with a theme and have a few activites based around the theme.... Is the party for anything special?

Hesi Thu 23-May-13 20:34:55

Nope, just a family get together.. I like the idea of a theme! I think I'm having a brain wave.. It's all boys so maybe a pirate theme! We could have a boat race, make masks, find treasure and that sort of thing! You could be onto something.. Thank you!

unlucky83 Thu 23-May-13 20:35:01

What about making photo frames with lollysticks or made out of homemade play dough (baked in oven) or air drying clay - or even cardboard decorated with sparkles...then take photos of all family together to put in frames...(you could even make small photo albums to stick photos of the fun to give to everyone as a memento)

Fuckwittery Thu 23-May-13 20:39:33

Family get together as the theme is quite a good one too!
thinking activities based around old photos
Make a fingerprint tree (google images it)
Or something with handprints
Sock puppets to look like family members
Paper dolls

Fuckwittery Thu 23-May-13 20:41:39

With that age range simple is good, and would def do play do and finger paints for the younger two
With many adults to help and aprons and plastic table cover it shouldnt really be too messy!

You could make your own play doh too (really easy)

Hesi Fri 24-May-13 13:46:39

Amazing! Thank you so much for all your suggestions.. I really like the photo frame idea. I've already got a collection of lolly sticks so will give this a go.. Perfect!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now