Talk

Advanced search

Painters, I need to ask you some questions

(4 Posts)
EauRouge Mon 20-May-13 07:52:08

Hello,

My grannie's in a bad way at the moment, she's pretty much stuck in her armchair all day and I think she's a bit depressed. She's had enough of knitting and watching telly. One thing that she used to love doing (and she's really good at it) is watercolour painting. Is there a kind of easel or something you can get to put on your lap? Any other ideas for making it easier for a not-very-mobile person to paint whilst stuck in an armchair? Her hands and arms are OK, it's her back and legs that are really bad. Thanks for your help!

Selks Mon 20-May-13 07:59:06

There are table top easels that you could put on one of those tables that you pull up to a chair so that the table top comes over the lap. That would be better than something on her lap as she would need a surface to put art materials on anyway.
Other mediums might be good as well eg oil or chalk pastels and watercolour pencils.
Is she able to attend an art class or group? That could be good.

EauRouge Mon 20-May-13 08:07:43

Thanks, I'll have a look for one. She's got one of those tables on wheels that goes over her armchair.

I don't know about other mediums, she normal paints but she might be up for trying something different.

She used to go to a class but she hardly leaves the house now, it's like she's given up sad I'm hoping if she starts painting again it will perk her up a bit.

OrlaKiely Mon 20-May-13 08:11:50

My granny is an artist, and until very recently she still paints in watercolours - she just has a little coffee table by her chair, for the water and paints and she holds the pad on her lap (thick pad)

she too has been stuck in her chair, for ages, you may not need an easel.

I hope it helps your grannie.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now