Talk

Advanced search

So I started a pattern on 4mm needles when it should have been started on 3.25mm

(7 Posts)
COCKadoodledooo Sun 19-May-13 23:21:44

How much of a monumental fuck up is that then?

Have spent 2.5 hours doing the bottom rib (3 colours) of a cricket slipover for ds1. And then I looked at the bit of the pattern where it says "Change to 4mm needles" in horror sad

Have I wasted my time? Do I have to unravel it all, or will it be ok if I just carry on with the 4mm ones? Am thinking it might make it hang looser but otherwise be ok?

Help please?

droitwichmummy Sun 19-May-13 23:24:09

I would just carry on tbh. It's a cricket slipover so you can get away with it

marissab Mon 20-May-13 07:11:36

It's only so it'll be tighter at the bottom. Did you knit a rib? That'll make it tighter anyway. I wouldn't start again.

I agree, just keep going. It just won't pull in as much but will still look decorative.

If it was mine, I might do the rest on 4.5mm but it depends how tight you knit. If you are a tight knitter using 4 and 4.5 may look perfect but if you knit very loose it may look a bit crap. But if it looks ok I wouldn't worry about it, esp for a childs garment that will be grown out of.

KnitStitchSewBlog Mon 20-May-13 16:28:44

I agree with Moaning.. keep going and just go up have a point on the needles. smile

fossil971 Mon 20-May-13 23:47:25

I don't think I'd change size of needles or the whole thing will be too big. Just carry on with 4mm.

Molehillmountain Tue 21-May-13 13:00:53

I think it would matter a bit more if it was cuffs you were knitting-the need to be a bit tighter. I think you'll be just fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now