Talk

Advanced search

How do you get a wet painting home from play 'n' stay?

(4 Posts)
carolinecordery Fri 17-May-13 23:58:40

I want to keep the DC's paintings but they're usually still wet and we don't go straight home from play and stay so it's awkward. They usually end up rolled up together and sticking together and later ripping when you try to separate them, or getting paint on the pushchair etc.
Is there a way to do it?
I thought of a sheet of greaseproof paper over the wet one then roll and put in a cardboard posting tube.

BabyStone Sat 18-May-13 06:57:20

We have this problem at the nursery I work that lol Could you leave the paintings there til next time? Or maybe if you drive there, put them in the shelf in the boot, that way they are flat and won't stick together. Ask the people at stay and play to hang the paintings up to give them a better chance to dry. Not sure about the greaseproof paper as it might smudge the paintings.

KurriKurri Sat 18-May-13 14:44:56

I think the only way is to balance it flat either on the pushchair hood or the tray underneath (if you have one).
But I do painting/craft sessions with kids and we just keep the soggy ones carefully until next time, so they can take them home dry.

Molehillmountain Sun 19-May-13 20:11:08

By liberally applying paint to your clothes, pushchair and interior of car wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now