Talk

Advanced search

Piggy Opinion poll please.

(8 Posts)
Dingle Thu 16-May-13 15:26:23

We (my mum & me) are trying to start getting some stock together for a craft fair. We haven't done one for a few years now and I do feel out of touch. Have never had much confidence anyway.

Do you think people would rather pay a little bit more for a cotton piggy or should we stick to the acrylic?

Piggy Parade

Advice would be much appreciated.

PeterParkerSays Thu 16-May-13 15:29:20

I'd stick with acrylic, but maybe add some features - a grey ear, see if you can do any dapple patches etc. Think Gloucester old spot.

flubba Thu 16-May-13 17:12:57

I think they're gorgeous and would probably pay more for cotton if it was going to be a toy for a child. I wouldn't bother with 'authentic' features myself, but might add a pretty fabric inner ear/soles of feet etc just to give it a little more character and to make each one unique.

PurpleFrog Fri 17-May-13 10:22:34

I prefer the look of the paler ones from the photo. How big are they?

munchkinmaster Fri 17-May-13 10:24:18

Tell us the 2 price points - that way we can see if a little more makes it too dear?

Dingle Fri 17-May-13 14:51:11

My mum has been trying to price and source the materials, I think the cotton works out about 50p dearer.

The pigglets are about 8.5" there is a bigger "Mummy Pig" but from what I remember she is BIG! LOL

I think I prefer the pale colour of the acrylic but the texture and look of the cotton. I suppose it's all down to sourcing the materials at a fair cost.

PurpleFrog Fri 17-May-13 15:26:07

Oh, that's bigger than I thought from the photo!

You need to send us all one of each so we can have a squeeze and compare them properly! wink

Dingle Fri 17-May-13 15:55:08

LOL. I have 2 piggies and 2 exploding boxes on my kitchen worktop now waiting for a box to post out. They are waiting for their squeezes. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now