Talk

Advanced search

Workshops? How much?

(7 Posts)
Stitchthis Tue 14-May-13 06:23:52

Can I pick your brains? How much is a reasonable hire charge for a workshop space? Lets say it fits 6 people and is fitted out as a crafty space. What would you pay for half or full day sessions?

JaxTellerIsAllMine Tue 14-May-13 13:55:09

round here for sewing/knitting workshops it is £40 per session. That is usually 10-4pm and has at least one instructor. It was £40 for the knitting class I attended and it was 2 hours once a week for 6 weeks. Good fun and I learned lots.

I suppose it depends what sort of crafty things you are doing. If it is for children, I would expect less expense.

Stitchthis Tue 14-May-13 14:40:53

Is that what you'd pay to attend or what room hire charge a teacher would pay? Thanks v much smile

JaxTellerIsAllMine Wed 15-May-13 11:55:02

thats what is paid to attend a 'course' The bigger day courses are usually held in church halls which vary in price per hour from 7-10 per hour round here. Maybe a discount for a day rate.

hth

LatteLady Wed 15-May-13 15:40:35

From £15 an hour to £35 depending on the size of the room... you are looking at a room for 6, so I would reckon £20 would be normal. Usually it is cheaper to book by the half day.

PiHigh Wed 15-May-13 15:54:00

Where I teach workshops they tend to charge £20 for a half day (per person, includes tea/coffee & cake) or £35 for a full day (per person including tea/coffee & cake). Another person there charges £16 per 3 hour class (class only - no drinks/cake) per person then she pays the hire charge for the room iyswim.

Stitchthis Wed 15-May-13 18:49:48

So if I charged c £13/hr I'm ok?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now