Talk

Advanced search

£35 for a stall at a private School Christmas Fair ... Thoughts ?

(13 Posts)
Tillyboo Mon 13-May-13 22:08:48

This is a reduced rate too.
Is this an acceptable price. Full price is £40. I think it's very steep personally ...

stealthsquiggle Mon 13-May-13 22:12:09

Are you selling or buying (the stall, that is)? I have no idea what they charge at DC's school but they seem to get people coming back so they must have made money. I am not target market, really, as most of what was being sold I thought I could make myself in that parallel universe where I have the time but there seemed to plenty of money changing hands.

ReallyTired Mon 13-May-13 22:13:30

What are you going to sell? I would be surprised if your profit covered the cost of the stall. Private school parents often have less disposible income than other parents because of crippling fees.

Pancakeflipper Mon 13-May-13 22:14:29

I think it is steep too.

What are they selling?

Areyoumadorisitme Mon 13-May-13 22:31:30

I think it's very steep - local state school charges £10 for similar events.

MERLYPUSS Tue 14-May-13 12:05:44

Way too much. Our school ( state) do them for £10 for parents and £15 for traders.

flubba Tue 14-May-13 12:17:23

Whereabouts are you? I'm West London and going rate for tables at school fairs and church fairs is £25 ish - but even that is quite a lot if the things you're selling are low in price.

Startail Tue 14-May-13 12:22:39

I'm certain you wouldn't see much if any profit on that at DFs school. Many of the local day girls can just afford the fees with scholarships or GOs helping. Their disposable income, especially with Christmas and heating for big houses is nil.

Lonecatwithkitten Tue 14-May-13 12:26:48

You need to ask some questions. At DD's school it is this much, but it is open to public and last year they around 1000 people through the doors. It is considered one of the most profitable fairs in the area and there is a waiting list of around 30 companies looking for a space. There is space for around 90 companies at the fair.

Startail Tue 14-May-13 12:28:41

Sorry GP (grandparents).
Most of our more MC housing stock is Victorian, expensive to heat and maintain. Many Dad's and some Mum's commute and have been hit by petrol prices. Better quality food has gone up massively.

I'm jolly glad I can't afford private school because for many who just can it's getting very tight indeed.

GemmaTeller Wed 15-May-13 10:11:41

I think its steep.

I've done one school fair and would never do one again, parents just weren't interest in ANY of the stalls and the kids just wanted sweets or goes on games.

Look at it another way, you will have to sell £35 worth of goods just to pay for the stall then factor in prepatation time, hours at the fair and then packing up after.

Have you spoken to other people who have had stalls at the same christmas fair in previous years?

LatteLady Wed 15-May-13 15:54:41

£35 is what I pay for our local craft fairs... you need to talk to someone who has done the fair in previous years.

Frankly most fairs charge between £20 - £40.

flubba Thu 16-May-13 17:07:22

Quick hi-jack - those of you who do fairs regularly(ish), what would you consider a good footfall for one that charges £20-£40?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now