Talk

Advanced search

I need some sewing machine help please...

(2 Posts)
SaggyOldClothCatPuss Mon 13-May-13 20:53:56

Right, Ive been busy, so have put DDs dress on hold. Tonight I got the machine out to set it up ready to start. I am having trouble with the tension, I think...
Firstly, the stitches seem to be coming out slightly s shaped, tension correction seems to fix this, but when its fixed, the stitches are unbalanced, showing through to the wrong side. Even at its tightest, the stitches do this.
Is the bobbin case tension the problem? Too tight, making the top thread too loose regardless? And whats with the wiggly stitches?
Im not a machine novice, but its been a while, this is a borrowed machine, and I just cant work it out! confused

SaggyOldClothCatPuss Tue 14-May-13 12:06:18

Ok, I've spent hours fiddling, and resorted to ringing my local haberdasher and grovelling for free advice! blush it's not good news! Mums machine is apparently a bit naff! sad he was quite derogatory! Turns out its a cheap machine and it just does the wiggly stitch thing. He said to set the tensions until it looks balanced and just accept that setting! So that's what I'm going to do! and then have a peek at eBay for a nice second hand Singer! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now