Talk

Advanced search

Looking for v v kind crafters

(3 Posts)
Snoozypants Mon 13-May-13 00:31:31

I'm a regular mumsnetter although quite new to this board and I'm asking begging for any help, any help at all with a craft fair that I and a friend are organising for charity.
We are holding a craft fair at a national trust estate in Bucks this September for the charity Reuben's Retreat. The event will be huge, holding up to 65 stalls. The room that the fair will be held in is pretty miserable, its like a huge glass conservatory and undressed is quite miserable. My friend and are faced with making enough bunting between us to dress this massive space. confused

If there are any of you that would be so kind to want to help us, we would be unbelievably grateful, if it was just one triangle of bunting that you could run up-it would be wonderful. If you have any yellow or blue fabric lying about and half an hour of your time to put some triangles together it would be amazing.

We are trying to source as much fabric as possible, asking companies for any off-cuts of blue or yellow fabric-as that is the main charity colours. If there are any wonderful helpers out there, we would love to hear from you. You can contact me if you would like further info or to confirm that what we are doing is legitimate. This is an absolutely amazing charity and we hope that we can raise a lot for them-all our proceeds are going to them. Of course if any of you are in Bucks and you would like to come and have a stall with us, we'd love that too! grin
I hope I've not been too cheeky, we are really grateful for any help we can get, crafters, fundraisers, people behind the scenes...thank you all xx

LittleMissLucy Mon 13-May-13 01:54:04

THere is a company in Cornwall that makes triangles for bunting out of lovely fabric and they were having a sale recently

don't know if this is any help to you, but here's the link:

http://www.lancasterandcornish.co.uk/index.html

DPotter Mon 13-May-13 02:37:21

don't worry about all that hemming and sewing - just cut the triangle out with pinking shears. The hem-less bunting I made for the Royal wedding is still going strong and it's been hanging outside for 2 years. ( I've washed it as well). that will save a lot of time & hassle

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now