Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone made their own custom hood for a pushchair?

(6 Posts)
tabbycat7 Tue 07-May-13 14:33:32

I bought a bugaboo frog off ebay yesterday. It's black, the hood's a bit faded and I want to jazz it up a bit, also I love an excuse to buy stuff from Fabric Rehab smile I'm planning to use the original hood as a template. Any tips?

Thanks thanks

queenofthepirates Tue 07-May-13 21:54:28

I would cut a pattern using some old fabric that you can baste together before you cut your gorgeous fabric rehab fabric!

tabbycat7 Wed 08-May-13 10:07:06

That's a good idea! I've got some old sheets I can use. How much fabric do you think I would need? And vilene? or wadding? smile

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Wed 08-May-13 10:35:04

I wanted to do this! When DD was smaller but I had no idea how to go about it! Good luck it will look ace and everyone will ask "Ooh where's that from?"

Molehillmountain Wed 08-May-13 21:10:59

One day I'll learn to do links, but I read this thread, thought "fab idea" and googled "how to make a bugaboo hood". Tutorials a plenty! I am going to add it to my list of projects that I will complete when my babies are all grown up

Molehillmountain Wed 08-May-13 21:12:08

I might make a nice jazzy good before I sell my bugaboo in a couple of years time.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: