Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone made their own custom hood for a pushchair?

(6 Posts)
tabbycat7 Tue 07-May-13 14:33:32

I bought a bugaboo frog off ebay yesterday. It's black, the hood's a bit faded and I want to jazz it up a bit, also I love an excuse to buy stuff from Fabric Rehab smile I'm planning to use the original hood as a template. Any tips?

Thanks thanks

queenofthepirates Tue 07-May-13 21:54:28

I would cut a pattern using some old fabric that you can baste together before you cut your gorgeous fabric rehab fabric!

tabbycat7 Wed 08-May-13 10:07:06

That's a good idea! I've got some old sheets I can use. How much fabric do you think I would need? And vilene? or wadding? smile

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Wed 08-May-13 10:35:04

I wanted to do this! When DD was smaller but I had no idea how to go about it! Good luck it will look ace and everyone will ask "Ooh where's that from?"

Molehillmountain Wed 08-May-13 21:10:59

One day I'll learn to do links, but I read this thread, thought "fab idea" and googled "how to make a bugaboo hood". Tutorials a plenty! I am going to add it to my list of projects that I will complete when my babies are all grown up

Molehillmountain Wed 08-May-13 21:12:08

I might make a nice jazzy good before I sell my bugaboo in a couple of years time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now