Talk

Advanced search

Parent and Child Craft Group - thinking of starting one.

(9 Posts)
HalleLouja Tue 07-May-13 12:01:22

I am looking into running monthly craft group for school aged kids to go with their parents once a month to do some craft together.

Could be tshirt painting, crochet etc etc...

Has anyone done anything similar. My DS loves all this sort of thing and thought it was worth a go.

TheBrocoliIsStillRaw Tue 07-May-13 12:14:27

Not done anything similar but I would go.

InMySpareTime Tue 07-May-13 12:37:22

I do that sort of thing in a local cafe. You might be better having it in school holidays than monthly, especially with school aged children, they tend to have weekly or term-time commitments which might clash.
Manchester art gallery have a monthly family art club on a Saturday afternoon, you could check out the art gallery website for more details about what they do.

Patchouli Tue 07-May-13 12:41:17

They have a free pop in family room at our local art gallery that does this that's popular.
There's also a cafe that does it: the cafe's a great venue actually as we get nice coffees and carrot cake.

HalleLouja Tue 07-May-13 17:43:18

Thanks for the tips will have a look.
I work lots of hours so can't really do something in the holidays would need to be the weekend. I think I am going to trial it and see if there is the interest.

InMySpareTime can I be cheeky and ask how much you charge? Most people want to pay £6 for 1.5 hours but I don't think that would cover materials and room hire. Am looking at some cafes too.

Also going to offer a free session to people who are happy to share their skills. I have a crafty brother happy to help and my mum is good at helping too. I am more an organiser and someone who knows their way around a sewing machine. I did use to help run playschemes so its not totally out of my comfort zone.

InMySpareTime Tue 07-May-13 18:16:44

I charge £2 per puppet made, during a 30-minute session. People are very happy with this, to cover materials, and I have no room hire to pay, in fact I am paid £15 per session by the cafe owner as I bring in tradesmile.

InkleWinkle Tue 07-May-13 18:31:45

There's a franchise (I think) called The Creation Station which might be similar.
There's one near us in West Lothian if you google it (sorry can't link atm)

HalleLouja Fri 10-May-13 14:58:59

There is one locally but I googled and they don't do the family sessions.

HalleLouja Fri 10-May-13 14:59:21

Thanks for the heads up on it though it does look really interesting.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now