My DD was given one for her birthday last week and we set it all up yesterday, but it keeps catching - we can do maybe two stitches, then it all snarls up. I've tried using my own bobbins from my machine (to make sure they're properly wound on) and using different threads. Tension's on 4, we've tried different fabrics, we've made sure everything is wound in the right direction - very frustrated so thought I'd ask here if anyone had any experience or bright ideas before having to lug it back to JL
Aww thank you Norks - I got it sorted though but that's so sweet of you to offer.
I'd failed to thread the top thread through the hold in the needle arm (on mine it kind of hooks behind it), and I'd been concentrating so much on the bobbin as was sure it was there I'd made the mistake, that I didn't even notice the hole. but it's fixed and she made herself a little bag this afternoon!