Talk

Advanced search

Which one is the better sewing machine

(6 Posts)
Maybeline Sun 28-Apr-13 14:35:01

Hi,
I need advice on buying a sewing machine, and hope someone can help me. I am a complete beginner (never touched a sewing machine in my life, and have done up till now all my sewing by hand). I need one for occasional use as I am petite and often need to shorten my t-shirts and the hems of my trousers, also do the occasional mending. I hesitate between 2 models (I chose them just because I love black, I know this is silly!) and I don't know which one is better quality/better value for money knowing that I can get them for the same price:

TOYOTA JET B 224
www.sewtoyota.co.uk/jetblack.htm

JOHN LEWIS HERITAGE (done by Janome)
www.johnlewis.com/john-lewis-heritage-sewing-machine-limited-edition/p231671150

Which one would you buy?
Thanks, Line

bran Sun 28-Apr-13 14:52:35

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

nevergoogle Sun 28-Apr-13 14:54:09

it's difficult to tell without seeing it in a shop to be honest, although I rate the janome machines highly.

i know this might be out of your budget, but if you can stretch to it the janome 7025 is a really good value machine for £229.

www.johnlewis.com/janome-7025-sewing-machine/p231340608

Bakingnovice Sun 28-Apr-13 14:55:56

Interested too as I'm thinking of buying a sewing machine too.

bran Sun 28-Apr-13 15:03:08

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Maybeline Sun 28-Apr-13 16:25:14

Thanks a lot for your advice, that's very useful. I decided I will try the toyota and if that doesn't work well enough for my needs, will send it back and increase my budget and get a Janome with better options.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: