Talk

Advanced search

Simple pattens for children's clothing.

(6 Posts)
quoteunquote Sat 20-Apr-13 18:42:58

My daughter has asked me to get her some simple patterns for clothes, she has a sewing machine, and keeps making animals, cushions and bags, but wants to make clothes,

She wants to make jump suits (ambitious), but I thought tops, simple skirts to start with, she also wants to make sun hats.

Where do I find very easy patterns and instructions?

Her brother(12) but in small mens sizes, also wants to make things, but he doesn't know what he wants to make so asked is there anything cool to make?

DD is 9, but is in 12/13/14 year old clothing, but stick thin, and growing fast,

I really want to encourage her, not least because she will be very tall when adult, and will find it very hard to find clothes to suit.

many thanks in advance.

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Sat 20-Apr-13 19:21:32

She needs Craftster it's a great site with a lovely community and loads of free patterns and tutorials for simple kids clothing.

Go to COMMUNITY and then to CLOTHING....you'll then be taken to a list.,,neat the top is children's clothing completed and tutorials.

I learned loads there....I can now make simple skirts and dresses and even shorts for my girls. It's far cheaper and I can buy lovely fabric cheaply...teamed with a nice bright t shirt...gorgeous, designer looking outfits for a few pounds!

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Sat 20-Apr-13 19:22:40

Oh I should add...it's quite a "young" site...lots of young teens show off what they've made there, your DD will probably love looking round the boards.

quoteunquote Sat 20-Apr-13 21:08:29

Wow thank you,

I shall show her tomorrow,

I really want her to be encouraged so that sounds amazing.

Off to look.

thanks again brilliant.

UniqueAndAmazing Sat 20-Apr-13 22:19:33

I think that maybe a couple of Simplicity or New Look patterns would be a good start.
have a look online at that website (just google simplicity new look and it'll come right up).
let her choose an outfit she likes the look of and dtart there.

when I started using a sewing machne, I loved choosing patterns from my mum's collection and sewing them up smile

and both manufacturers are good patterns because they tell you everything, from what's the best type of fabric, what notions to use, how to cut out and how to sew it all together step by step.

MouseThatRoars Sat 20-Apr-13 22:29:31

Have you tried Clothkits?

www.clothkits.co.uk/childrens-clothing-kits-c-39.html

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now