Talk

Advanced search

Help - my sizzix machine won't cut properly!

(12 Posts)
wangle99 Mon 15-May-06 20:57:13

Every time I cut any die with my sizzix machine it doesn't cut properly all the way through. There is always an area of die that isn't cut (no matter which die or which size).

I have replaced the cutting pad and also used a shim but it is still doing it.

Any ideas?

Pixiefish Mon 15-May-06 21:13:04

Are you exerting enough pressure. Slide the die down and cut in several places. Really you need the black round know to press into the black foam with afair pressure

Yorkiegirl Mon 15-May-06 21:14:20

Message withdrawn

Whizzz Mon 15-May-06 21:32:39

Is it always the same side that doesn't cut - is it level (ie are you pressing down with the same force across the width of the machine?)

wangle99 Mon 15-May-06 21:38:11

I do move the die (so larger dies get to be under the actual machine 3 time - end - middle - end).

Handle gets pressed down twice each time and I would think it's pretty much the same force.

The only time it cuts well is when I use really thick card and press it hard - infact so hard it embedded the die in the cutting mat

Pixiefish Mon 15-May-06 21:49:22

where did you get it from?

wangle99 Tue 16-May-06 11:49:14

I bought it from a local craft shop, have had it for nearly a year and a half. Don't think it's been dropped or anything like that. It's a shame as it's my preferred cutter (I have a quickutz as well) but it just isn't cutting right.

jessicaandrebeccasmummy Tue 16-May-06 11:52:13

i get this sometimes too.... have just got a new cutting mat so will try that, but i also find it easier to slide the mat up and down while i cut. Its a PITA when it happens, my sizzlits are the worst for it

Pixiefish Tue 16-May-06 13:34:24

I could never cut sizzlits with my sizzix- no matter how i tried. \I ended up buying a tagalong fore the sizzlets which ois now a bit redundant as i have the BS

JayzMummy Tue 16-May-06 15:55:54

Try tightening the screws which are hidden under the red plastic grommits in the top part of the sizzix.....this should work.

anorak Tue 16-May-06 16:06:33

Ooh JM, I need to do this too.

I didn't realise you could get in to tighten the screws. How do you get the grommits off?

anorak Wed 17-May-06 08:21:41

I tried several different tools last night, couldn't remove them. JM????

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: