Talk

Advanced search

Cross stitching from a photo?

(4 Posts)
Artura Wed 17-Apr-13 21:33:33

After spending many hours pondering what to do for my parents' ruby wedding anniversary, I found that there are a few websites that produce cross stitch kits from a photo. Am thinking of doing one of their wedding photo. Anyone done one of these? I'm no cross stitching expert, so am I being a bit overambitious? Got a couple of weeks to do it but got 2 young DDs so hope I'll have time.

amazingmumof6 Thu 18-Apr-13 09:59:35

if you really only have 2 weeks to do it, and you haven't even ordered it and you are a beginner and you have 2 little ones to restrict your time I'd say it is unlikely you will finish it in time, sorry!

However it is a lovely thought, so I would go for it, but explain to your Dad and Mum that it will be a joint Anniversary & Christmas gift, I'm sure they won't mind! smile
good luck!

Artura Thu 18-Apr-13 13:45:59

Ha ha thanks amazing. Had a feeling it might be a bit of a challenge to get it done. Maybe mugs or t shirts with their wedding pic on instead! x

amazingmumof6 Thu 18-Apr-13 16:14:00

what we did with for my PILs was to get a bunch of red cards, A5 size, fold them in half, then get the kids to glue red, cream and gold bits of fabric on the front, patchwork random style, add glitter, cuts of ribbons, sequins etc.

when dry put them in a pretty box and your parents can use them as thank you cards for their other presents! (you can write "handmade by..." on the back, lovely touch)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now