Talk

Advanced search

Craft ideas for under fours...

(10 Posts)
DessieLou Tue 16-Apr-13 19:47:23

I'm looking for inspiration for our playgroup! Any crafty ideas for us? Preferably things that require little instruction as we have different activity areas that the kids run between.
(Any ideas for physical activities/games would also be great!).
Thanks, ladies. smile

Mynewmoniker Tue 16-Apr-13 19:48:45

Have a look at 'Pinterest' I'm sure you'll find ideas on there.

AppleAndBlackberry Tue 16-Apr-13 19:59:43

colouring sheets
paint markers
foam stickers
gluesticks and mixed feathers/paper/card squares (i.e. collage)
playdoh
stencils
scratch art or other craft kits

Bonsoir Tue 16-Apr-13 20:00:22

When my DD was that age, she loved painting model cardboard castles and houses.

OhHullitsOnlyMeYoni Tue 16-Apr-13 22:33:20

Oh I was just asking on another thread for DD who is a bit younger at 20mo. She loves doing painting on paper plates at the moment and they can be as involved or un-involved as their skill allows!
This is the one I think looks the best out of the various ones we tried:
www.makingfriends.com/summer/paper_plate_fish.htm
I let her loose with her choice of colours to paint the whole plate, gave her sequins/stars and glitter shakers to cover it with then put it aside to dry. Cut out triangle, stick on googly eye and tail, et voila!
Could be messy though...

OhHullitsOnlyMeYoni Tue 16-Apr-13 22:36:22

Another fave we did for Easter was sticking cotton wool balls onto loo roll to make a rabbit. You need to cut out ear shapes first and have a pink or red something for nose (or paint a cotton wool ball - we used a foam piece) and two googly eyes. Will try to find something similar to link to... I imagine you can do chicks and other animals too - perhaps sheep would be fun?

OhHullitsOnlyMeYoni Tue 16-Apr-13 22:38:06

Found some lovely sheep, but can't see bunnies. I can link to a pic of ours if someone can educate me in this new picture wizardry?
www.redtedart.com/2013/03/27/toilet-paper-rolls-craft-sheep-spring/

DessieLou Fri 19-Apr-13 19:11:41

Thanks for your ideas. Love the fish!

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Sat 20-Apr-13 18:19:50

We had decorating a plant pot and putting earth in them..,,then a sunflower seed. That was nice.

Wallace Sat 20-Apr-13 18:23:18

The Imagination Tree

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now