Talk

Advanced search

Bridesmaids dress embellishments?

(4 Posts)
Womenandchickensfirst Sat 13-Apr-13 07:52:47

My friend is making my daughter's four adult bridesmaid dresses. They are 'Grecian' style, with one shoulder draped in chiffon. The chiffon then covers most of the bust area. My DD wants some bling decoration on the shoulder area. Does anyone know where we can buy anything suitable? We've seen brooches, but I think DD wants something larger. You can probably tell I don't have a clue about dress making! Many thanks.

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Sat 13-Apr-13 11:47:23

It is such a fine line when you're looking at embellishments for dresses like this....choose the wrong thing and it looks tacky...the right and it looks stunning.

Avoid things like this and this

You can get huge brooches if you look about...like this some are as big as a hand....there are a lot of Ebay sellers from China who do massive rhinestone brooches...could look very nice if you pick the right ones.

Womenandchickensfirst Sat 13-Apr-13 20:34:35

Many thanks Neo, I like the bow brooch. I'll show it to DD this week. I hadn't realised it would be this tricky.

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Sat 13-Apr-13 20:53:21

The awkward thing about wedding and bridesmaid dresses is that they need the ooomph of stage costumes....without the tacky bling. So you want them to look great from a distance (Ie big shiny bling) but still nice up close...which is where vintage brooches would be great.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now