Talk

Advanced search

Strapless cocktail (?) dress pattern

(11 Posts)
flubba Thu 11-Apr-13 09:51:58

I've been trying to find a pattern I could follow for a dress and a fabric I have in mind. Strapless kind of straight up and down, hopefully with some showing of a waist! It would be similar I suppose, to the pictures on this but with a straight skirt.

Does anyone know of a similar pattern?
I'm a too much leftover baby weight size 14 I guess (I hate shopping! ) and although I'm slimming down, my belly's still flabby - so not even sure it'd suit me. What do you think?

DeafLeopard Fri 12-Apr-13 11:56:56

flubba did you put a link up? I can't see it

DeafLeopard Fri 12-Apr-13 11:59:42

Forgot to say free downloadable pattern on Burda
www.burdastyle.com/patterns/lace-strapless-dress

flubba Fri 12-Apr-13 15:26:34

Oh sorry, I did on my original post (snuck it into another Arts & Crafts thread, but I didn't get many responses so copied and pasted it to here, but failed to copy the link)

Here it is

Will have a look at your link now

flubba Fri 12-Apr-13 15:34:08

Oh, thank you - that's a great website - I think this but with a straight top is more what I was looking for, I might see if I can adapt it (should be simpler without all the corset work?) Think I could add two corset bones straight down over each boob.

DeafLeopard Fri 12-Apr-13 23:48:38

Ah just found your other post on the GBSB thread now that I have caught up iwth it - love the corset link btw.

Trumpton Sat 13-Apr-13 05:28:31

www.jaycotts.co.uk/acatalog/INFO2237%2ehtml this Vouge dress is lovely to make. It is long but ,of course, you could make it shorter. The corsetry is all on the under layer and then you attach the dress over it. Fabulous pattern .

flubba Sat 13-Apr-13 07:46:25

Isn't the corset link just wonderful? I really feel I could give corset making a go with it too!

Thanks Trumpton - that's lovely. I've never bought a pattern before though, is £15 the normal going price? shock

Trumpton Sat 13-Apr-13 08:35:24

It is for Vouge I'm afraid and also for Oliver and S . A lot of patterns like simplicity are cheaper but for quality you can't beat Vogue . iMHO grin

Trumpton Sat 13-Apr-13 08:35:40

Vogue !!

flubba Sat 13-Apr-13 08:42:41

Oh yes, had missed the vouge Vogue name on it! I think I may have to wait to see if I can sew a cheapy pattern first before I venture into the big world of V grin

Thank you though - it does look gorgeous!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now