Talk

Advanced search

Cheapest place for custom cut foam for chair cushions

(9 Posts)
LondonLancashireRose Sun 07-Apr-13 16:48:52

I'm planning on making cushions for our wooden patio chairs in the hope that they will get used this summer! Can anyone recommend a website or shop (I'm in South London) for getting the foam inserts. The ones I've seen so far seem very expensive and I may as well buy ready made cushions! Thank you.

KurriKurri Sun 07-Apr-13 18:14:53

The cheapest place where I live is a market stall - do you have a big market anywhere near you?, there is often a stall which does foam, bean bag filling etc.

LondonLancashireRose Sun 07-Apr-13 19:47:07

Good idea, thank you

GemmaTeller Sun 07-Apr-13 20:32:03

Market stall, Dunelm Mill, Aberkhan Fabrics

MarinaIvy Wed 10-Apr-13 12:14:29

A lot of furniture upholsterer places [in my area, anyway] have "help yourself" bins outside with offcuts and remnants. Depends on how big a piece you want, and luck of the draw on the day...

Walthamstow market (wrong side of town, but worth a trip, even though Handweaver's Studio has moved away) had a stall of foam pieces.

PeterParkerSays Wed 10-Apr-13 15:05:38

Dunelm have them. I don't know about "custom" cut foam, but I bought a couple of thinner pieces, rather than one big piece, as they're easier to cut to the correct size with kitchen scissors....

LondonLancashireRose Thu 11-Apr-13 11:41:46

Thanks all. There's a Dunelm near my mum's so will check it out.

Urbanvoltaire Tue 16-Apr-13 00:47:15

Try Southern Foam, 76 Battersea Rise near Clapham Junction. I got foam cushions cut to size. They were v helpful.

fairlytiredallthetime Tue 16-Apr-13 20:36:13

I ordered some seat cushions from this place as I was worried about cutting it accurately myself. Reasonably priced and made the whole job a whole lot easier.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now