Elmers Glue? UK equivalent?

(10 Posts)
GoSuckEggs Sat 06-Apr-13 09:24:24

I want to use it to stain glass. Apparently you mix it with food coloring and paint it on the the glass. I wanted to know if there was a UK glue that would work the same?


OP’s posts: |
Bert2e Sat 06-Apr-13 09:29:40

I think it's just standard PVA glue.

GoSuckEggs Sat 06-Apr-13 09:37:50

oh great! I googled it and people seemed to think it was just PVA, but i wanted to check!

OP’s posts: |
SoupDragon Sat 06-Apr-13 14:42:00

It is indeed just standard PVA smile

GoSuckEggs Sat 06-Apr-13 20:56:35

Thank you!

OP’s posts: |
MarinaIvy Wed 10-Apr-13 12:09:40

I haven't done the "glue on your hand, then peel it off" test, but PVA feels about the same as Elmers.

GoSuckEggs Wed 10-Apr-13 12:28:06

oh well if no one has done that critical test i just can not take a chance. wink

OP’s posts: |
MarinaIvy Wed 10-Apr-13 18:08:04

Ooh Ooh! >jumps up and down with hand in air< let me do it for you!!

never too early to start making Halloween deccies

GoSuckEggs Wed 10-Apr-13 18:37:00

<sighs> ok, i'll trust you to do the test.

if you were really eager you would test out what i actually need it for i dont want to waste time if it doesnt work grin

OP’s posts: |
Syrone Mon 07-Mar-16 22:47:26

You can buy elmers glue on eBay, only a few pounds

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in