Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Lavender bags - what can I use to eke out the lavender?

(12 Posts)
Molehillmountain Tue 11-Dec-12 13:06:47

I'm making lavender sachets for gifts and have made more than I thought I would. Any suggestions of things I can use to go in with the lavender to make it go a bit further but still feel like lavender (cheat emoticon)?

KelleStarOfWonder Tue 11-Dec-12 13:41:57

If you need more lavendar I have LOADS dryed out ready to shake off stalks. Somerset based smile

MiL uses wheat or toy stuffing.

Molehillmountain Tue 11-Dec-12 13:53:02

That's good to know smile well done for growing your own! I might try the wheat thing-guessing its from a health food store?

KelleStarOfWonder Tue 11-Dec-12 14:01:37

Yes.

It was one measly bush when we bought the house and it's hugely wild now and produces way more lavendar than I could ever use.

Seriously, offer open to any MN who could use it.

Molehillmountain Tue 11-Dec-12 18:08:35

I would love it-but I'm too far away hmm

Showtime Wed 12-Dec-12 00:32:02

Have added dried rosemary to lavender bags, scents mingle well.

Molehillmountain Wed 12-Dec-12 18:01:59

Will have a little mix of rosemary with lavender this evening-will be from a Schwartz jar though!

OnTheBottomWithAStringOfTinsel Wed 12-Dec-12 18:05:14

You could make heat bags - wheat or rice, or I've heard pearl barley works well.

You just need a handful of lavender to add the scent (I add a few drops of lavender essential oil too).

Some M-netter said you can buy wheat in animal feed shops, but that she buys v small quantities compared to the norm so gets funny looks!

Molehillmountain Fri 14-Dec-12 19:35:39

Lots of lovely lavender from the lovely Kelle smile not too far away after all. Thank you!

Tobermory Sat 15-Dec-12 00:01:26

Kelle, is your lavender the northern variety? Specifically West Yorks?

Would very happily take some off your hands if so!

KelleStarOfWonder Sat 15-Dec-12 12:24:46

Sorry tobermory am in Somerset.

Tobermory Sat 15-Dec-12 18:24:27

No problems, thought it worth an ask just in case!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now