Talk

Advanced search

Would someone please translate this row in a knitting.pattern please?

(7 Posts)
lilibet Wed 05-Dec-12 22:55:13

K2 m1 k to last 2 sts m1 m2.

Now I read that as I am making 4 sts but the next line reads

Cont inc one st as before in every following fourth row..

Can anyone help? Thanks.

TheSilverPussycat Wed 05-Dec-12 22:57:50

What are you knitting? Possible typo and the last m2 should be K2? This would give symmetrical increases.

ThisIsMummyPig Wed 05-Dec-12 23:01:26

Agree with Silver - you can't be missing 2 at the end of the row.

By doing it as K2 M1 K(however many in row) M1 K2 you are basically making a pattern at the edge of the garment.

It isn't making 4 stitches though - the knitting in the middle could be 20 stiches - does it not give you a total length?

(I think, it's been a couple of years)

LeChatRouge Wed 05-Dec-12 23:01:50

Is it a sleeve? Does it give you the total stitches you should have after the rows with the increases?

kiwigirl42 Wed 05-Dec-12 23:18:18

Agree with Silver Pussycat. Last M2 should Be K2

What are you knitting? I have some socks on the needles. And 2 cardys. And some more socks. I am crapmat finishing things as such a slow knitter. My mum can make a fair isle jumper in a week!

lilibet Thu 06-Dec-12 08:57:38

Ah yes, you're right, it's a sleeve for a baby's cardigan.

I only knit baby things, everything else takes far too long and I need instant results smile

Thanks

tripper20 Thu 06-Dec-12 09:06:24

If it's a sleeve, and you're making it wider from the wrist up to the armhole, you would increase one stitch at each end of every 4th (more or less) row until you have the right number of stitches to knit straight till you reach the armhole. I think it's a typo on the pattern, the end of the instruction should read .... m1 k2.

It's easy to see how many rows you've done since the last increase row, because the extra stitch shows up and you can count the rows. Sorry if this isn't clear, I can do it but aren't too good at explaining knitting ! smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: