Talk

Advanced search

Please help, I want to make a scrapbook for our baby (s/he is due today!)

(7 Posts)
mameulah Sun 11-Nov-12 22:44:46

I haven't done anything like this before and obviously want to do a really good job. I am not a very crafty person. Any good ideas or advice would be much appreciated. Thank you!

inmyheadimthequeen Sun 11-Nov-12 22:57:31

I'm the least crafty person on the planet but for each of ours we bought a newspaper of the birth day and the no.1 single on that day too.

mameulah Sun 11-Nov-12 22:58:57

That is a great idea! Thank you!

TheWoollybacksWife Sun 11-Nov-12 23:13:54

Try to use acid free adhesives for mounting your precious photographs. You can buy these in a craft shop like Hobbycraft and they are marked as suitable for use with photos. (The acid in some adhesives can react with your photos and ruin them). You can also get little pockets for storing items such as the hospital band. You should also use acid free paper and card. (It can be bloody expensive, but it is worth it when you create something that you are proud of - as well as the baby!) grin

izzywizzyisbizzy Sun 11-Nov-12 23:23:21

Ive pmd you.

mameulah Mon 12-Nov-12 08:42:47

Pockets for storing items? That sounds good. I had wondered about having some kind of a Treasure Box thing aswell but the pockets might make things more manageable. Thank you!

MrsHoarder Mon 12-Nov-12 08:53:49

Grab a shoebox to put things in for now. And when you are given the red book, be sure to fill in the milestone dates. As long as you have the newspaper, hospital band etc you can make a baby book when the baby starts letting you have time to yourself in 2014. We were also given 2 "fill in the gaps" baby books.

Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now