Talk

Advanced search

Need help with instructions for knitting pattern please

(6 Posts)
ShhhhhGoBackToSleep Thu 08-Nov-12 20:47:44

I am finishing off a hat and these instructions should make a long band to act as a tie.

Instructions say cast on six, k2p1k1p1k1 then "work the band" - what on earth does that mean?? Is it repeat this on every row, or follow with p2k1p1k1p1 then alternate? Help!!!

misterhankey Thu 08-Nov-12 21:59:09

Hard to say without the pattern in front of me, but if the band is ribbed, then it should be knit the knits and purl the purls. If it's moss stitch then you would purl the knits and knit the purls. What purpose is the K2 at the start of the row do you think?

BornToFolk Thu 08-Nov-12 22:06:48

Does it literally just say "work the band" or is there more? It sounds as though it might just be a kind of introduction, quite often a pattern will say "now, work the sleeves..." and give the instructions. Could it be that?

Is the pattern on Ravelry? If I could have a look I could probably work it out.

ShhhhhGoBackToSleep Mon 12-Nov-12 21:05:59

Thanks so much for your replies, it literally says "work the band for 26". I'm a bit of a novice so I have no clue what the k2 is meant to do! It should make a band to then sew onto the hat. The hat itself is ribbed if that helps?

tribpot Mon 12-Nov-12 21:08:33

Would help a lot to see a picture of this pattern. What's it called?

tribpot Mon 12-Nov-12 21:14:31

Btw I think the k2 is the edge that should sew the band to the bottom of the hat, hence there's a waste stitch that won't show once you've attached it. Is it meant to be a seed stitch pattern?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now