Talk

Advanced search

Cheap, easy ways to embellish cushions.

(9 Posts)
piprabbit Tue 06-Nov-12 17:11:32

I'm going to be entertaining some 9yo girls in a few weeks, who have chosen to each decorate a cushion to take home with them.

We have a couple of hours and I'm not sure about how competent they all are with needle and thread - I'm going to assume that they need quite a lot of adult help, so I'm trying to keep sewing to the minimum.

Please can you let me have ideas on what we can use for decorations - so far I have fabric pens, ribbons and buttons. I'd love to give them some glittery options - but I think sewing on sequins (or even strips of sequins) might be a bit to time consuming.

I'm starting to think this may not be my best idea...

Nixea Tue 06-Nov-12 17:14:57

What about that iron-on paper? They could all draw their designs and you could quickly iron them on for them. Or for glittery maybe some glittery fabric paint?

piprabbit Tue 06-Nov-12 17:16:31

Ooh - iron on paper sounds good...I'm off to google.

Nixea Tue 06-Nov-12 17:25:08

I was just looking, and it seems I got mine from asda but this was quite a while ago. I did just discover that apparently you can use fabric crayons and waxed paper!! You might want to test that out first though if you decide to have a go! grin

piprabbit Tue 06-Nov-12 17:47:56

I've just found some tiny iron on crystal hearts and stars which might go down well.

nickelrocketgoBooooooom Wed 07-Nov-12 12:05:25

i got some teeshirt transfer paper from Asda last week - would be perfect or that.

piprabbit Wed 07-Nov-12 12:07:34

I think I'll be going to Asda soon - thanks.

nickelrocketgoBooooooom Wed 07-Nov-12 12:14:51

it was in with all the stationery items smile

piprabbit Wed 07-Nov-12 12:15:33

Thanks - we have a giant Asda near by, I'll go on a raiding mission.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now