Talk

Advanced search

Felt pens- can anyone recommend some really nice quality ones?

(13 Posts)
shoppingbagsundereyes Sun 04-Nov-12 18:15:38

Want to get the dc a set of felt pens each that won't run out or get squashed nibs easily. Any recommendations?

Housewifefromheaven Sun 04-Nov-12 18:22:46

Berol or crayola. My son is 10 and I still have some from when he was a toddler. eBay is your friend!

shoppingbagsundereyes Sun 04-Nov-12 18:50:42

Thanks will look

rockinhippy Mon 05-Nov-12 09:41:23

THESE Paint Brush pens are pretty good, my DD has loved these since tiny & still uses them now at 10yrs, you can get big multi coloured packs in toy stores & I think Argos too - they can't really damage the brushes in the way they do with felt tips & the coverage is much better than normal felt tips - if the brushes do get splayed from not putting away properly, just dip end in boiling water & reshape & let drywink

shoppingbagsundereyes Mon 05-Nov-12 12:41:19

Thanks

wishiwasonholiday Mon 05-Nov-12 12:41:56

Crayons last well here.

5madthings Mon 05-Nov-12 12:57:42

my elder ones have the berol ones as well, some fine and some wide and the brush ones they do, they last brilliantly smile

neolara Mon 05-Nov-12 12:59:13

Berol ones are fantastic. They last for up to 2 weeks with the lids off. I now buy a bulk order approximately once a year and they last for ages.

MarjorieAntrobus Mon 05-Nov-12 13:03:31

Staedtler or Faber-Castell.

5madthings Mon 05-Nov-12 13:12:28

my ds1 (13) and ds2 (10) have the staedtler and faber-castell pens, they are great, not cheap! BUT i wont let my little ones use them as they have been known to trash them, its berol for them or crayola for my toddler, esp as the crayola are more washable smile

MarjorieAntrobus Mon 05-Nov-12 13:25:15

Ah yes! I am on the 16 year old end of things, at last, after four DCs. Forgot the trashing possibilities. Cannot believe I forgot all that early stuff. Sorry peeps.

Yep, Berol is good enough when all the pen users are small.

shoppingbagsundereyes Mon 05-Nov-12 13:46:31

Great will go for Berol, some good deals on amazon. They are 6 and 4 so fairly high trashing potential

BigBoobiedBertha Mon 05-Nov-12 15:11:11

Love the Faber-Castell ones but they are hideously expensive. They do last for ages and I have trusted DS to use mine since he was 6 or 7 without any nib crushing incidents. I buy them one at a time from Hobbycraft to split the cost. Not sure a 4 yr old would be allowed though. Maybe something to save up for in a few years because they are worth it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now