Talk

Advanced search

City & Guilds Creative Embroidery

(3 Posts)
Practicallyperfectnot Thu 01-Nov-12 09:58:06

just started a two year course in Bristol. it's great fun! It would be fab to have a Mumsnet group of fellow creative embroiderers! Anyone out there?!

babesdontlie Sat 03-Nov-12 13:58:53

ooh, lucky you!
I wanted to do this course but the nearest one to me was two towns away and I just couldn't be bothered to go that far

BigBoobiedBertha Mon 05-Nov-12 15:01:25

I'm in the second year of the C & G patchwork and quilting. We do a bit of embroidery so there is a bit of an overlap but I think these sorts of courses are few and far between. There aren't that many people who can teach them I don't think and I don't know how you are finding it, but it is quite a time commitment for something that is unlikely to become a career. Most of the women on my course are retired. I am struggling to find enough time for it I must admit! I do love it though. It is my little oasis in the middle of the week all for me. smile

How are you doing it? One day a week? Do you have to do an exhibition at the end like we do?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now