Talk

Advanced search

Any artists with experience doing proposals?

(6 Posts)
DillyTante Sun 28-Oct-12 19:30:45

I have been asked by the local gallery to run a yarn bombing workshop. They are offering me a decent rate plus materials. I need to send them more details, but I have no idea how to format it, what is a realistic budget for materials, do I source the materials? Do I give them an estimate? Do they keep any leftover materials?

I have written a short proposal with an objective, an outline and a breakdown of materials I think I need. But I don't want to seem massively unprofessional. They do know I have no previous experience, they sought me out and asked me, but still I want to do the right thing. Any advice?

MrsCantSayAnything Sun 28-Oct-12 19:51:19

Have you given a rundown of the workshop and what it will entail in detail? If you see it as a product then you can think in terms of that...your workshop is your product...so you are offering it to a potential buyer who needs certain information to help them decide whether to buy it (even though they will in your case)

So you want some visual element to your proposal...this could be some pics of similar things that the participants will make.

DillyTante Sun 28-Oct-12 21:23:52

Thanks, some really good points. Have added some pics and a bit of a 'blurb'.

MrsCantSayAnything Sun 28-Oct-12 21:28:31

Good luck...it sounds cool! Will the workshop culminate in a bombing session?

MrsCantSayAnything Sun 28-Oct-12 21:28:51

I would guess that's where the organisation are heading with this no?

DillyTante Mon 29-Oct-12 19:53:52

Well yes, but it's a bit of a non renegade style yarn bombing that the organisers have suggested. But I might rope them into my yarn bombing group.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now