Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Stamping letters into clay/salt dough

(7 Posts)
cartblanche Sun 28-Oct-12 18:24:42

Fellow crafters, I am planning to make salt dough gift tags/decorations and am looking to buy a decent set of Alphabet stamps to use. I am looking for ones that have each individual letter on a metal peg that you simply press into the clay. Ideally I would like to have lower case AND upper case but appreciate I might have to buy two sets for that.

Looking on ebay/Amazon I can see a variety of sets most of which can be used to stamp into metal too. The prices vary wildly. Anyone got a set of these that they can recommend? Just to clarify I don't want rubber stamps to print onto the salt dough I actually want to impress into the surface.

Thanks!

cartblanche Mon 29-Oct-12 15:36:09

bump

WholeLottaRosie Tue 30-Oct-12 12:26:05

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

WholeLottaRosie Tue 30-Oct-12 12:51:28

cartblanche Tue 30-Oct-12 14:01:32

Thanks WholeLottaRosie those tags are lovely. I've seen lots on pinterest too and am probably going to go the air-drying clay route and/or fimo. Whenever I do saltdough they always come out a bit puffed up and biscuitty-looking!

I suppose I don't have to get metal stamps do I? I am doing a jewellery course and we have been doing stamping in copper so I grew rather fond of the heavier-duty metal ones. I'll go and have a browse and look at the rubberstamp option.

(Can I just clarify that the website you linked to above was just for illustration and NOT you?!)

smile

WholeLottaRosie Tue 30-Oct-12 20:21:41

FloresCircumdati Wed 31-Oct-12 00:25:40

If you want your writing to be small, go for old lead type/font (used to be used in printing industry).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now