Talk

Advanced search

unpicking logo on a new jumper

(9 Posts)
harbingerofdoom Fri 26-Oct-12 21:31:07

I bought lovely big lambswool jumper. A throw over everything and it's long enough! It's got a logo on the arm. Machine stitched with backing and quite small. Will I ruin the jumper unpicking it? Quite worried bout this option.
Or go over it in felt pen?

harbingerofdoom Fri 26-Oct-12 21:48:25

The logo is 'HIPPO' . What do I do?

trumpton Sat 27-Oct-12 02:45:25

I really would not try to unpick it . But if you do then do it from the right side with a very fine seam ripper a bit at a time . I generally make holes in the garment if I try !
Your idea of colouring it in seems better even if you have to do it after every wash grin

nagynolonger Sat 27-Oct-12 03:06:40

I've only tried to unpick a logo once. It didn't work and I ended up throwing the garment away. I would go for the colouring in.

FaintingGhost Sat 27-Oct-12 10:26:21

Fabric paint? To save you going over it every time.

pippop1 Sun 28-Oct-12 18:17:15

Sew some kind embroidered sparkly patch over it?

coldcomfortHeart Sun 28-Oct-12 21:06:46

Embroider over it? Or is it really big... you may have to just live with the hippo.

pippop1 Sun 28-Oct-12 23:36:28

Nasty logo/name for a big jumper though. I wouldn't have bought it!

harbingerofdoom Mon 29-Oct-12 11:42:17

Thanks for your help. I was very worried about unpicking the logo and you have confirmed my fears. I don't really want anything on the arm so it looks like colouring in/fabric paint (brilliant idea) if I can find some.
The jumper is just what I wanted but the logohmm what possessed them. Just who thinks that the word 'hippo' is a good idea? Beats me confused.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now