Talk

Advanced search

I want to make a patchwork blanket

(5 Posts)
OnlyWantsOne Wed 24-Oct-12 11:30:24

I make keepsakes - but what i really want to do, is make a big quilt for my bed (ive got a thing about blankets)

Can any one tell me really simply how to do it? Or show me a simple tutorial?

Im a good machinest... its just having 2 under 2, my brain cant do much thinking

jennimoo Wed 24-Oct-12 16:17:04

http://georginagiles.wordpress.com/category/tutorials/

The tutorial on here is good. I've made a small quilt and learnt a bit from these tutorials.

I do recommend doing a smaller quilt first though, a table runner is a good project.

flubba Wed 24-Oct-12 18:45:59

I made this one when quite new to sewing and it was really a lot easier than I was expecting it to be. I did a step-by-step tutorial on how to do it too which you might want to have a look at, although I'm not professing any experience as it was my first ever one.

I loved making it and it's in pride of place on our bed.

ThatBintAgain Wed 24-Oct-12 18:48:13

Just markingmy place- I've been collecting scraps and pretty bits of material with the aim of doing this soon. Sounds like a lovely project as the nights draw in...

elfycat Wed 24-Oct-12 18:51:52

you tube is your friend.

I got a lot of tips from this missouri company on youtube. Link to one of the videos but others have beginners tips.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5WgTyqB8Pc

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now