Talk

Advanced search

Darth Vader egg cosy?

(6 Posts)
maniacbug Tue 23-Oct-12 11:30:41

I realise this is rather specific and therefore an extreeeemely long shot, but I airily made a promise to DS1 that I would make him one and am now hoping he's forgotten feeling the pressure ... Does anyone have one they would be willing to share? Knit or crochet. I have checked Etsy and Ravelry: no joy. (There are some DV figures, but I am hopeless at adapting patterns.)
Advice v gratefully received!

SpookyRumours Tue 23-Oct-12 18:16:22

Bumping for you, my ds would love one of these too smile

TheWoollybacksWife Tue 23-Oct-12 18:18:39

I found this on Ravelry Egg Cosy. I would do it in all black, omitting the ears with perhaps a band of grey at the neckline. Then embroider the Darth Vader details on to make it look like this Darth Vader Amigurami

I am not showing DS any of those pictures. My to-do list before Christmas is a long as my arm already. grin

gussiegrips Tue 23-Oct-12 21:28:29

adapt this: craftster geek awesomeness

or, could you adapt a chart from pixel people's patterns? pinterest.com/pin/2533343510131308/

I've seen other charts too with just star wars faces.

Embrace the geek.

SoupDragon Wed 24-Oct-12 09:08:51

Depending how big that amigurumi is, the helmet may work as an egg cosy anyway.

maniacbug Thu 25-Oct-12 20:17:32

Thanks for suggestions! Bit worried that adapting, embroidering, etc. is beyond my skill set. But I actually think I might be able to fob him off with Batman, or one of the Dalek cosies shown on the side of your link, Woolly - they're brilliant! Could see myself making a whole army of those, starting with a purple one for me...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: