Talk

Advanced search

Darth Vader egg cosy?

(6 Posts)
maniacbug Tue 23-Oct-12 11:30:41

I realise this is rather specific and therefore an extreeeemely long shot, but I airily made a promise to DS1 that I would make him one and am now hoping he's forgotten feeling the pressure ... Does anyone have one they would be willing to share? Knit or crochet. I have checked Etsy and Ravelry: no joy. (There are some DV figures, but I am hopeless at adapting patterns.)
Advice v gratefully received!

SpookyRumours Tue 23-Oct-12 18:16:22

Bumping for you, my ds would love one of these too smile

TheWoollybacksWife Tue 23-Oct-12 18:18:39

I found this on Ravelry Egg Cosy. I would do it in all black, omitting the ears with perhaps a band of grey at the neckline. Then embroider the Darth Vader details on to make it look like this Darth Vader Amigurami

I am not showing DS any of those pictures. My to-do list before Christmas is a long as my arm already. grin

gussiegrips Tue 23-Oct-12 21:28:29

adapt this: craftster geek awesomeness

or, could you adapt a chart from pixel people's patterns? pinterest.com/pin/2533343510131308/

I've seen other charts too with just star wars faces.

Embrace the geek.

SoupDragon Wed 24-Oct-12 09:08:51

Depending how big that amigurumi is, the helmet may work as an egg cosy anyway.

maniacbug Thu 25-Oct-12 20:17:32

Thanks for suggestions! Bit worried that adapting, embroidering, etc. is beyond my skill set. But I actually think I might be able to fob him off with Batman, or one of the Dalek cosies shown on the side of your link, Woolly - they're brilliant! Could see myself making a whole army of those, starting with a purple one for me...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now