Talk

Advanced search

tricky tea cosy pattern

(3 Posts)
alemci Mon 22-Oct-12 13:42:54

Hi

I am trying to make this. In You
www.dailymail.co.uk/home/article-2219040/Lifestyle-Gran-Designs.html/

I am quite new to crochet and this is difficult to follow.

I have done the following:

Row 1 - Chain 82 stitches.

Row 2 - In 3rd chain from hook, 2 treble crochet (skip 2, chain 3, treblecrochet into next chain) to end (wasn't sure what to do with stich on hook when i had to do 1st chain each time so i slipped it over other stitch) .Break thread.

Row 3 - 27 treble crochet clusters. I assumed this is what it meant so starting from RHS, I joined wool and did 3tc's in each space and pulled 4 loops over each other to make clusters??

I have put some of the next bit in this post but I haven't proceded any further. I don't want to do it incorrectly.

Is this a bad pattern to do if you are inexperienced? There is no mention of sewing it up.

Would it work for a rectangular teapot?

Join yarn with slip stitch in end space of 1st cluster, chain 3, (3 treble crochet in next space), repeatfor 12 clusters. Break yarn. Join yarn in next space, chain 3 (counts as 1 treble crochet), 2 treble crochet into same space, (3 treble crochet in next space), repeat to end, 1 treble crochet in end space. Break yarn. Join yarn with slip stitch in first space, chain 3 (counts as 1 treble crochet), 2 treble crochet into same space, repeat for 12 clusters, 1 treble crochet in end space. Break yarn. Rejoin yarn into 1st space of next treble crochet, chain 3, (3 treble crochet in next space), repeat for 12 clusters. Repeat rows 3?4 until you have 11 rows in total.

I know this is wordy but any help gratefully received.

alemci Mon 22-Oct-12 13:47:40

www.dailymail.co.uk/home/article-2219040/Lifestyle-Gran-Designs.html#ixzz29xcYE5MV/

so sorry 1st link incorrect

SoupDragon Mon 22-Oct-12 18:03:53

It is very badly written, all squashed up like that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now