Talk

Advanced search

Experienced knitters - can you help me find a pattern?

(10 Posts)
Takver Sun 21-Oct-12 21:55:38

I'm a real beginner, the only thing I've knitted so far is this sleeveless jumper. I'd like to make myself a round necked jumper with sleeves next, but I'm struggling to find a pattern.

The answer from my friends always seems to be 'go on Ravelry, find something sort of what you like, & work it out to make it fit' but I'm really, really not at that stage, I feel like I really need something that I can just follow literally line by line!

But then all the proper patterns I can find are kind of funky/fancy, whereas what I really want is a simple plain jumper - something like this kids one but for an adult (and just plain colour or absolutely ideally maybe inch wide stripes).

Help!!!

zinaida Sun 21-Oct-12 22:07:25

Here is one, it has some colourwork which you can just ignore and knit plain. Seriously though there are TONS of patterns on Ravelry for simple jumpers! Search for your preferred yarn and take it from there!

Some advice: copy the instructions into Word and ddelete all the irrelevant measurements and instructions before printing out, much easier to follow. Have fun!

Takver Sun 21-Oct-12 22:11:12

I'm totally failing to find them!

The one you've linked to is definitely the sort of thing I'm looking for, but I think maybe I'd be better with something a bit chunkier? Last jumper was 12 mm needles and it went very quickly grin grin

outtolunchagain Sun 21-Oct-12 22:12:40

Have a look on the Rowan website they have a lot of free patterns including some chunky jumpers

ManifestingMingeHooHoosAgain Sun 21-Oct-12 22:20:55

some free simple sweaters on here

Takver Mon 22-Oct-12 15:42:43

Thanks very much for the suggestions, all - not only have I got places to look for jumper patterns but the second link reminded me that I promised to make dd some legwarmers!

DutchOma Tue 23-Oct-12 13:18:01

I found two very simple patterns in our charity shop this morning. If you pm me an address, I'll gladly send them to you

MrsHoarder Tue 23-Oct-12 16:00:37

Seriously get yourself a ravely account. It searches most "real world" knitting patterns too. I misread your OP and was looking for a sleeveless jumper for you and found this. Look familiar?

Search done for you here

I like this pattern

Takver Tue 23-Oct-12 19:09:18

Thank you very much Oma - I will pm.

I do have a Ravelry account - I think I'm just not doing the searching right. But lots of things to look at now smile

tribpot Sat 27-Oct-12 08:19:24

I just got sent an email about this online course to make a sweater.

A bit pricey but I thought it might be worth you having a look at the previews to see if it would help you get started.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now