Talk

Advanced search

Draught excluder - what would you use to stuff it with?

(7 Posts)
Molehillmountain Sun 21-Oct-12 21:06:42

Quite proud-just saw the potential in a woolly scarf I don't wear and have turned it into a draught excluder for a christmas gift. Have done the sewing and am wondering what to stuff it with.

AlmostAHipster Sun 21-Oct-12 21:10:05

If I had spare cash, I'd buy some kapok from Hobbycraft or the like. If not, then I'd either disembowel an old pillow or cut up a load of laddered tights into small pieces.

instantfamily Sun 21-Oct-12 21:11:34

I used the cheapest raw rice I could find. gets nice and heavy. needs exchanging after a few years, though.

mamhaf Sun 21-Oct-12 21:31:09

All the odd socks from around the house - have made 2 from old jeans legs this way!

shazbean Sun 21-Oct-12 21:32:45

My Granny used to make hers with old tights.

Molehillmountain Sun 21-Oct-12 21:36:13

Thanks! If material works okay I'm going to cut up the clothes that were going in the rag bag. Odd socks a plenty!

scarlet5tyger Mon 22-Oct-12 19:57:41

I made one using old tights for the front door but it seemed to suck all the wetness inside every time it rained!

Made another one using the stuffing from a cheap old cushion and it worked much better. Needs weighting with something though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now