Talk

Advanced search

any Amateur Dramatics people out there??

(7 Posts)
mckenzie Sun 21-Oct-12 12:23:11

We are doing Alan Aykbourn's Absent Friends next month. Have you ever done it?

ClareMarriott Sun 21-Oct-12 16:49:53

What are the actual questions about it you have, so they can be answered for you ? Are you directing it, in it yourself etc ?

mckenzie Sun 21-Oct-12 19:46:15

I'm in it ClareMarriott. I'm just wondering about the scene towards the end of Act i when Diana is accusing Paul of having the affair, the phone rings and Marge has a conversation with Gordon about him having spilt cough mixture and John and Evelyn have the conversation about her going home and the baby crying.
The three conversations are going on independent of each other but we can't all speak at the same time obviously yet if we don't, there is a long period (not long obviously in real time but you know what i mean) where Diana is standing still saying nothing yet is to portray being upset and in a state.
Once we're all word perfect it will move much smoother and quicker but at the moment I'm not really sure what to do. Does it pair freeze while the others speak maybe?

ClareMarriott Sun 21-Oct-12 20:33:33

Hi , check if your director has staged that scene so more emphasis is given to the conversation that has the more important content, they may have done this by the use of lighting. Then a changeover to the next conversation. Otherwise, I am sure that once the scene is running smoothly , then all the conversations will be heard clearly by the audience Good luck Clare ( I'm not sure you will be receiving my message twice )

mckenzie Sun 21-Oct-12 21:16:09

thanks Clare

picturesinthefirelight Sun 21-Oct-12 21:22:27

I'd repost in culture vultures. You might get more respOnse there

mckenzie Sun 21-Oct-12 21:24:28

thanks pictures. Good ideal I would like to see if I can find someone who has already done it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now