Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Candle making?

(8 Posts)
SpanglyGiraffe Sun 21-Oct-12 03:26:36

I want to make candles in jars for Christmas presents. I have had a look on google but i can't find a step by step guide to it anywhere!
Preferably I would like to make them from scratch. Is this advisable, or should I just melt some down?!
If I do make them from scratch, which is the best wax to use etc?
TIA!

deleted203 Sun 21-Oct-12 03:34:42

Ooooh! I'm interested in this too. (Great minds think alike). I had a look online the other day and there seem to be a lot of 'candle making kits' for sale, although I got a bit confused as to which to go for. I'll lurk and hope you get some good suggestions (if you don't mind) smile

foxtrottango Sun 21-Oct-12 04:31:56

Try some of the old threads on here. There is one titled something like 'i made candles using 10% oil and they're just as good as Jo Malone'. Something like that. Its on about the third or fourth page. Ill try and link it if i can. Its a good thread grin

foxtrottango Sun 21-Oct-12 04:35:10

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/arts_and_crafts/788341-Oooooooooh-I-have-just-made-candles-with-10-oils-and

Ta dah!!!

deleted203 Sun 21-Oct-12 04:38:49

foxtrottango you are a STAR! Many, many thanks thanks

SpanglyGiraffe Sun 21-Oct-12 04:49:23

Fab fox thanks so much.

Good luck soworn, I hope yours work out!

foxtrottango Sun 21-Oct-12 04:56:20

grin glad i could help. And the fact that i even knew what page the thread was on indicates i am spending far too much time on mumsnet. It wont stop me spending so much time on here but at least now i know wink

Do let me now how you get on, ive had a bag of wax hanging around for a year as i keep intending to do them myself grin

plipplops Wed 24-Oct-12 14:27:35

I made some last year using jars from ikea, they were fab (oh and little fimo dangly labels which i stamped the scent into...)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now