Talk

Advanced search

Debbie Bliss Angel yarn. DD (6)wants a jumper...........

(4 Posts)
orangeandlemons Thu 18-Oct-12 18:14:44

Was in a knitting shop with dd and she went mad for his stuff. I have told her I'll think about it for Xmas.

When we got home, I looked online, and no childrens patterns anywhere for this yarn. Does anyone knoe whatit might convert to? Like DK, 4ply etc?

Or seens a kids pattern? Sort of wide and loose? Not like a grandma jumper with nice tight welts (yuk)

campergirls Thu 18-Oct-12 18:31:12

Do you know Ravelry? Fabulous website/community for knitters and crocheters. Zillions of free patterns on there, have a look. You need patterns for laceweight yarn. You can either knit Angel on big needles and get a very loose, lacy look, or on finer needles for a soft, dense texture.

ManifestingMingeHooHoosAgain Thu 18-Oct-12 23:48:02

There is a lovely pattern designed for Kidsilk Haze ( a very very similar yarn) in this book My DD wants me to knit it for her but AFAIK it's a bit tricky to knit with.

this pattern its a knitted dress that you can do shorter as a sweater

orangeandlemons Fri 19-Oct-12 08:47:40

It's very lovely, but she wants long sleeves, and am not sure I'm up to making my own pattern for them!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now