Talk

Advanced search

Poncho pattern

(7 Posts)
Bumpstart Sat 13-Oct-12 14:24:58

I would like to knit a poncho for my dd. i have a vey simple poncho that I would like to copy. It is a square with diagonal slit for the head to go through, and tassels. No hood. Does anyone have any suggestions where I might find such a pattern?

I realise it's vey simple and I could probably just make it up, but I know it would involve quite a bit of unravelling and starting again, so I'd rather have a pattern to set me off right.

Thanks in advance.

Ladyface Sat 13-Oct-12 14:42:20

Have you had a look on Ravelry? Not sure how old your dd is but I am making one for my dd using a Sirdar pattern 1516 for ages 0-3 months up to 6 years. It a fairly simple cable pattern using dk wool. www.deramores.com/poncho-and-beret-in-sirdar-snuggly-dk-1516

Daisybell1 Sat 13-Oct-12 16:11:11

There is a sirdar diagonal garter stitch pattern which should be on ravelry.

Bumpstart Sat 13-Oct-12 19:03:03

I am signing up to revelry. Thaks for the tip.

Lady face, that looks lovely, but I'd like something with a slit for the neck hole rather than a "cuff" as she has eczema round her neck.

The beret makes it a really cute outfit! I think I might have to make a matching hat too!

Seabright Sun 14-Oct-12 07:58:15

I've made two of these. They are easy, pretty quick & look great.

I am a bit in love with Sucrette & her blog

Daisybell1 Sun 14-Oct-12 09:47:59

This is the one my mum made without the fringe

www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/bonnie-babe-poncho

tribpot Sun 14-Oct-12 14:44:57

This is a cute one - and this stand-up collar might be good to keep the edge away from your dd's skin?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now