Talk

Advanced search

building toy kennels and scenery - need inspiration please

(3 Posts)
clangermum Mon 08-Oct-12 15:37:19

I've been collecting a few playmobil dogs from ebay and now want to build a kennels set-up for dd (I don't know if there's an equivalent ready-made by playmobil but if there is it's probably very expensive and I fancy having a go anyway).

I'm going to use a wooden tray to keep it all together, paint on the base some kind of scene e.g. grass, enclosures, a pond. I might build up some detail using craft felt.

What I'm really stuck on is how to do the kennels themselves. I'm not a woodworker. Can anyone think of a type of box/packaging that would lend itself to being converted into kennel buildings, that could be painted/covered in craft felt?

Any other ideas for finishing touches appreciated.

Thanks

mrscumberbatch Sat 13-Oct-12 23:25:27

Why don't you lay it all out in cardboard cuttings (like bits of cereal box) and then paper mache over everything?

It'll give it all different textures and could be a great activity for you and DD to do together.

Alternatively just make boxes for the kennels. Dead easy, just get a sheet of cardboard and map it out. Then fold and stick in place.

Channel your inner blue peter.

clangermum Sun 14-Oct-12 12:50:08

I like the idea of doing it with dd - think it will have more meaning that way. A project for the holidays.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: