Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Fabric paint for leatherette?

(4 Posts)
Thistledew Sun 07-Oct-12 22:00:20

Can anyone recommend a type of paint that is suitable for using on leatherette?

I want to make a banner, using up some faux leather I have, and to stencil/paint some letters on in white. Can anyone recommend a paint that will be suitable for this?

The other alternative I have thought of is cutting the letters out of fabric and gluing them on - does anyone have any other fab ideas?

Thanks x

Jellykat Sun 07-Oct-12 22:21:39

How about cutting the letters out of the Leatherette which won't fray, and attaching a single backing fabric piece...much easier then fiddling with gluing letters.

Alternatively you could try an Acrylic paint, its waterproof and won't crack or chip off.

rockinhippy Mon 08-Oct-12 15:38:13

I'd go with cutting out & sticking the letters ORmake stencils & use the type of spray paints graffiti artists use - its reasonable, comes in loads of strong colours & you can buy additional nozzles for a few pence that allow you to change flow size - I've used it recently for a banner using PVC

Thistledew Tue 09-Oct-12 01:05:32

Thanks for the advice, both of you. I will try both suggestions for paint and see which one works best. I do like your idea Jelly of cutting the letters out of the leatherette and using a backing sheet, but I want to make the banner as portable and weatherproof as possible, so think it would add unnecessary weight.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now