Talk

Advanced search

best way to begin making soap

(6 Posts)
hanbee Sat 06-Oct-12 20:44:30

My q crafty Mum is keen to make soap and I'd like to buy her some stuff to get her started. The kits I've seen online dont seem to contain very much. Is there anything those with experience would particularly recommend?

Seabright Sat 06-Oct-12 20:58:38

Someone I know has used a kit from The Soap Kitchen and said it was good. Also, Panduro do a lot of soap making stuff.

I'd start with glycerine soap, as it doesn't involve acids.

hanbee Sun 07-Oct-12 20:51:50

Thanks Seabright off to Google those now.

EvenBetter Fri 12-Oct-12 16:14:42

I got 'melt and pour' soap base, you shove it in the microwave first a few seconds and add your scented oil and if you want, colouring or petals etc.

Not much of a hobby though, since it takes less than 2 minutes! The proper way of doing it involves loads of stuff and chemicals I think.

ClareMarriott Sat 13-Oct-12 15:43:17

Hanbee

I've no idea what you would need to do but there is a company who are based in Jedburgh Scotland called Selkie Soaps www.selkiesoaps.com who should be able to give you tips etc

NotGeoffVader Sat 13-Oct-12 15:45:04

Check out the soap kitchen or bath bomb biz online - both have loads of useful bits.
I make melt-and-pour soap as it's the safest thing to have with a toddler on the loose.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now